Financial Advice

There are many schemes available and you may be able to receive financial support with your energy bills.

Government Schemes

Energy Bills Support Scheme (England, Scotland and Wales)

You may receive a £400 discount on your bills, paid in monthly instalments until March 2023.

Warm House Discount (England and Wales)
You may be eligible for £150 off your energy bill if receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit or are low income and living in a high energy cost score property.

Winter Fuel Payment
If you were born on or before 25th September 1956, you may qualify for a £100 to £300 payment if you lived in the UK during the qualifying week.

Cold Weather Payment (England and Wales)
Starting on 1st November 2022, you may automatically receive a £25 payment for every week where the average temperature for your postcode area is recorded/forecasted as zero or below, between November 2022 and March 2023.

Third Party Deductions
In some cases, you may be able to have your bills partially paid directly out of your benefits. You can contact Jobcentre Plus or the Pension Service to apply.

Government Schemes for Welsh Customers
Discretionary Advice Fund
Winter Fuel Support Scheme
Fuel Voucher Scheme

Energy Supplier Support

You can contact your energy supplier for support if you are worried about paying your bills, as they should take your circumstances into consideration and work with you to agree on an affordable payment plan. Some suppliers offer grants from trust funds which may support you if you are in arrears. We advise contacting your supplier for more information on this.

You can also contact the British Gas Energy Trust who will consider applications for grants from anyone, regardless of their supplier.

Prepayment Meter Support

You can access an emergency credit facility via your prepayment meter if you have ran out of gas and electricity. If this is not enough, you can contact your supplier and explain the situation as they have a responsibility to offer additional support when they can.

If you are unable to top up your meter, you may can ask your local council or food bank for a fuel voucher.

If you are relying on means other than gas or electricity for your heating, you may be able to get a fuel voucher. Citizens Advice Bureau can advise you on this and apply on your behalf.

Oxygen Concentrator Support

If you are using an oxygen concentrator at home, you may be able to get money back for the electricity it uses. You can contact your oxygen concentrator supplier to find out how to claim this.

Local Authority Support

The Government has provided some councils with extra funds to combat gaps in support. You can contact your local council to find out if your area is eligible.

For more advice on money saving schemes, contact YES Energy Solutions.

Say 'YES' to lower energy bills!

T: 01422 880100 (office hours: 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)

Or Contact Us

Share this story

Get Expert Free Advice

Fill in the form below with your details and we will give you a ring back.
This form collects your name, email address and phone number so that we can respond to your enquiry. Your information will only be used for this purpose, please see our privacy notice linked at the bottom of the page to see how we protect and manage your data.

Grants & Advice

Find out more about saving energy and the funding opportunities available.

Read More